Welcome to Waterfront Gem at 1641 Thames Street in Historic Fell’s Point! This “House Guide” should include everything you need to know about the property and the neighborhood.
- What’s Nearby? (House Favorites)
- Essential Info
- House Rules
- Noise & Sleeping
- Emergency Contacts
- Checking Out
Our most common questions are about neighborhood recommendations, so we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of our favorite local suggestions below. For a complete local directory, visit FellsPoint.com.
- Gifts & Cards: Zelda Zen – 1634 Thames St.
Owned and operated by our neighbor and friend, Beth Hawks
Restaurants & Bars
- Beer: Max’s Taphouse (733 S. Broadway)
- Breakfast: Blue Moon Cafe (1621 Aliceanna St)
- BYOB: Twist (723 S. Broadway)
- Burgers: Kooper’s (1702 Thames St)
- Cheap Eats: Vikki’s Deli (1641 Aliceanna St)
- Cocktails: Rye (1639 Thames St)
- Coffee to go: Daily Grind (1720 Thames St)
- Coffee to relax: Pitango Bakery (903 S. Ann St)
- Crabcakes: Duda’s (907 S. Ann St)
- Hole-In-The-Wall: Ekiben (1622 Eastern Ave)
- Live Music: The Horse (1626 Thames St)
- Pizza: Pie in the Sky (716 S Broadway)
- Quick: Broadway Market (1640 Aliceanna St)
- Seafood: Thame Street Oyster House (1728 Thames)
- Special Occasions: Rec Pier Chophouse (1715 Thames)
- Sushi: Nanami (907 S. Ann St)
- Tacos: Papi’s Tacos (1703 Aliceanna)
- Wings: Waterfront Hotel (1710 Thames)
- 7-Eleven (250 ft) – 1615 Thames Street
- CVS (0.6 miles) – 630 S. Exeter
- Starbucks (0.2 miles) – 631 S. Broadway
- Whole Foods (0.4 miles) – 711 S. Central Ave
- Harris Teeter (1.9 miles) – 3779 Boston St
- Wawa (2.8 miles) – 4901 Boston St
CHECK-IN: 11AM CHECK-OUT: 3PM
1401 Thames Street (Lot P2320)
Parking (max 2 vehicles) must be arranged in advance of your stay.
1641 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Dial “911” in the event of a fire, medical, or any other emergency that requires police or EMT assistance.
FIRST AID KIT
In the laundry room on the shelf above washer/dryer
Both kitchens, back staircase, and every room on the 1st floor has a fire extinguisher.
WALK-IN MEDICAL CLINIC:
Patient First at 5100 Eastern Avenue (410) 814-4500
Johns Hopkins Hospital at 1800 Orleans St (410) 955-5000
2120 Eastern Avenue – (410) 396-9205
500 East Baltimore Street (410) 396-2411
WATERFRONT GEM CONTACTS
If you have a non-life threatening emergency that requires our immediate attention, don’t hesitate to reach us (in the following order):
- Rob Jackson (Owner) – (443) 812-1114
- Mary Jackson (Co-Host) – (410) 733-9301
- Julie (Co-Host) – (833) 255-3482
Failure to comply with the House Rules at Waterfront Gem may result in the immediate termination of your reservation without refund. When in doubt, just try to be a good human being!
- No Smoking
- No Parties
All guests (not to exceed 12) must be included on the primary reservation. Groups that wish to have “extra guests” (those visiting but not staying overnight) must submit a full guest list at least 24-hours before check-in. Approval of the guest list will be at the sole discretion of Waterfront Gem.
Guests must request permission to bring pets prior to arrival and pay the pet fee ($150 for 1 pet, $250 for 2 pets) at least 24-hours in advance. Failure to disclose pets may result in the immediate termination of reservation without refund.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Always lock the door behind you (even when home)
- We provide bedding, towels, and simple toiletries
- If anything breaks, stains, spills, etc… please let us know so we can replace these items for future guests
- Trash can be left in the trash can in the laundry room
- Recycling should be placed in the bags in the kitchen closet
- Please treat the house, neighbors, and community with respect!
Noise & Sleeping
Being in the heart of a bustling city neighborhood can mean noisy nights, but we know the importance of a good night’s sleep: you’ll find earplugs in the kitchen pantry, as well as white noise machines and Amazon Alexas in each bedroom.
Amazon Alexa Commands
- “Alexa play babbling brook”
- “Alexa, play distant thunderstorms”
- “Alexa, play sleep sounds”
- “Alexa set a sleep timer for 45 minutes”
- “Alexa, play some music”
- “Alexa, play music by (insert artist)”
- “Alexa, set volume to (number between 1 and 10)”
- “Alexa, what’s playing?” or “what song is this?”
- “Alexa, next song”
Asking basic questions:
- “Alexa, what’s the weather?”
- “Alexa, what time is it?”
- “Alexa, what’s in the news?”
Setting Alarms & Timers:
- “Alexa, set an alarm for (insert day/time)”
- “Alexa, set a timer for (length of time)”
- “Alexa, how much time is left on the timer?”
If you need further help just say, “Alexa, help”.
We’ve worked REALLY hard to earn nearly 100% 5-Star Reviews! If you enjoyed yourself, please help us keep the streak alive!
AIRBNB RATING SCALE
Anything less than a 5-Star rating is a bad review in the eyes of Airbnb. Please consider this scale when leaving your review:
- ★★★★★ – Great place! (Perfection does not exist)
- ★★★★☆ – Okay, but lots of issues need to be addressed
- ★★★☆☆ – Major issues need to be fixed
- ★★☆☆☆ – Would never stay here again
- ★☆☆☆☆ – Close this place down
We value your feedback: If there are things we can improve upon, please share them in the private feedback area in the review process.
Friend & Family Discount
There’s nothing we love more than great guests that come back! We offer a 10% discount to returning guests. Make sure you remind us of the discount BEFORE making. your reservation!
CHECK OUT TIME: 11AM
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Please leave the house how you found it (clean and tidy)!
- Wash any dishes you used
- Leave used bed sheets and towels on the ground
- Return thermostats to room temperature (70F)
- Make sure all doors – including deck and patio – are locked
There are only 4 hours between our check-in (11AM) and check-out (3PM) and our cleaners need ample time to properly clean and prepare the property for our next guests.
On rare occasion we can offer a late checkout, but they’re always extended on a case-by-case basis and may require an additional fee. The only way to guarantee a late checkout is to reserve an additional day.
Please help us keep Waterfront Gem beautiful for every guest by giving us enough time to prepare! Thanks in advance for your understanding.